Media Organizer 3
Over the years you've acquired a vast collection of books, games, movies, music, and software. The Media Organizer is designed to organize all these items in one easy to use program.
- Notes: Each item can have multiple notes associated with it. the note can be typed in, loaded from file, or just simply drag a text file from Windows Explorer and drop it on the form. You define which files on your system are text files in the Options section of the program. Each note is also date stamped when it was created and allows for a brief description of the note to make finding the note easier later. The note can also be saved to an external file for other uses.
- User Fields: There are fifteen user fields available to customize the program to your needs. The fields consist of five additional user fields, five additional combo boxes, and five additional check boxes. The combo box fields can be associated with any combination of medias, eliminating the need for duplicate entries. The labels for the custom fields can be customized to represent the desired field accurately.
- Loans: Keep track of items loaned out to people. A history is maintained for each individual item.
- People: The Media Organizer has a mini-address book built. It contains basic information for an individual and keeps a loan history for them. You can also call the person or send them an email directly from the application. A modem is required to call and you must have your email setup correctly to email someone.
- Images: Multiple images per item can be stored. There are several image formats supported. An image can be loaded from a file, scanned in from a scanner or digital camera, or can can drag a supported image from Windows Explorer and drop it on the form. The image contrast, HSV, HSL, and RGB values can be adjusted and the image can be rotated. The image can be saved to a disk in one of the supported image formats.
- Reports: There are several reports available in the Media Organizer. Most of these reports can be customized to include specific data. When a custom report is created, it is saved so the report can be used at a later date.
- Searching: There are three ways to search for item in the Media Organizer. The Quick Find feature allows you to find an item by it's title directly from the main form. The other two methods are a basic search and an advanced search. The basic search allows you to search for an item using one of the fields. The advanced search is much more flexible and returns a list of items that match your criteria.
- Quick Entry: Several fields are maintained in a list to make data entry quicker. Each entry can be associated with any media to eliminate the need for duplicate entries.
- Backup: The backup feature permits the data to be backed up into a zip file to keep your data safe. Each backup can be appended with the date it was done. Backups can be scheduled to remind you.
- Comapct & Repair: This feature keeps your database running quickly and efficiently.
- CDDB Support: Easily load audio CD's into the application using CDDB. With just a few clicks, an entire albumn, including songs can be entered.
- Multiple Databases: There is no limit to the amount of databases you can have for the Media Organizer. Through the Options you can have the application open a certain database when the application is started or select from a list of previously opened databases.
- Import Feature: This feature allows you to import data from other Media Organizer 3 databases. It will import categories, game systems, media types, custom reports, etc.